notreallystars: a lit candle in darkness (Default)
[personal profile] notreallystars
I wrote a thing! It's a short fic looking at Elrond and his father. It was a while ago now, but I'm still going to link it here in case anyone's interested.

the stars, they have come
Rating: G
Characters: Elrond, Elros, Earendil
Tags: Angst
Words: 1000

The last time Elrond sees his father, and the first.

Date: 2022-11-10 08:44 pm (UTC)
sauronnaise: Black haired young man with a dark red cloak (Default)
From: [personal profile] sauronnaise
Baby's first Silm fic
Your first Silm fic? Aye, happy fic birthday (literally)!

Date: 2022-11-12 12:15 am (UTC)
sauronnaise: Black haired young man with a dark red cloak (Default)
From: [personal profile] sauronnaise
I doubt it'll be your last. Well, I hope it won't be. An aspect I like of the Silmarillion and HoME is how much left out there is for the imagination. A goldmine for fanfiction. Unfortunately, many Tolkien fanfiction archives closed--Silmarillion Writers' Guild and Stories of Arda are the two Tolkien-related archives I can think of that are still active today. I used to lurk on Faerie from time to time, but it's no longer among us :<

(Sorry. I derailed.)

Date: 2022-11-13 08:40 pm (UTC)
sauronnaise: Black haired young man with a dark red cloak (Default)
From: [personal profile] sauronnaise
I'm a fan of non-canon compliant/AU fanfictions. The potential is endless.

Having ideas and writing them out are unfortunately very different though, at least for me!
What do you mean, I can't automatically transfer my thoughts from my mind on the screen just like this? Pfft. What a scam. <- my daily struggle

I do miss the days when more specific archives were everywhere.
They were all over the place, then. I still lurk on some of them using Wayback Machine like the sneaky weasel that I am. 8)

Date: 2022-11-15 01:08 am (UTC)
sauronnaise: Black haired young man with a dark red cloak (Default)
From: [personal profile] sauronnaise
You and me both *handshake emoji*

Wayback Machine is very convenient, love it.

Profile

notreallystars: a lit candle in darkness (Default)
notreallystars

November 2022

S M T W T F S
  12345
678910 1112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 16th, 2026 01:57 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios